Monday, February 4, 2013

White Stamping Polish Comparison

Even though I can't paint my actual nails, I thought I'd take the time to do a stamping test with the white polishes I own. Apparently I have 11! Who knew?!
If you haven't heard of practicing stamping on these flat-backed glass beads, they are really helpful. The ones I have are roughly 1 inch in diameter and I bought a bag of them at the Dollar Tree. I only bought 3 with me to Germany, so the rest are patiently awaiting my return to the US.

I painted a black rectangle and then used a silver glitter striper to mark off 4 quadrants. Using my most reliable Essence plate (4 full-nail animal print designs and a set of paw prints), my XL stamper and an old customer loyalty card for this comparison. I did a 2 coat base of OPI black (a mini from the 2011 Halloween collection), 1 layer of China Glaze Fast Forward topcoat, the stamping, and then another layer of topcoat.
Here are the 3 test beads together with flash.



In this photo, starting in the upper left and going around clockwise, I used Essence Stampy polish, OPI mini white from the 2011 Halloween set, China Glaze White on White, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Whirlwind White. The black polish streaked through the Essence stamp a bit, but I would still declare it the overall winner, followed pretty closely by the Whirlwind White.



On the second bead, from the upper left going clockwise, I used MNY (Maybelline New York) French Manicure, Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Plus in Pure White Tip, Flormar M103, and Milani High Speed Fast Dry White on the Spot. For this test, I would say the Milani is the front runner  followed by the Sally Hansen. The Flormar did the worst. 



On the final bead, in the same order, I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On, and Sally Hansen Barely there Naturel White (part of a french tip kit). The Sinful Colors is a smidge better than the SH White on, but the Barely There was really barely there.

 

Overall, I would declare the Essence Stampy Polish the overall winner, with the Sinful Colors, Milani, and SH Insta-Dri tied for second. I'm sure this information isn't ground breaking if you're already deep into the world of stamping, but it was nice for me to spend an evening playing with polish even though I'm still on my hiatus. :)

In your experience, what is your best white polish for stamping?

1 comment:

  1. This is a cool way to test it out! I like the Wet and Wild Xtreme White but honestly, nothing works better than the Konad in my experience!

    ReplyDelete