Monday, September 3, 2012

MSMD: Navy with White Dots

 I based this mani off an image that I pinned on Pinterest a long time ago:

http://nailsbyrebby.blogspot.de/2011/11/black-white.html
I did not realize that the original was BLACK and white. I thought it was a dark navy, so I used the darkest blue I have. I matted one nail, used SV on one nail and asked the fiance' to decide which finish to go with. He picked matte, but I only have 2 types of Essence matte topcoat and they're really not matte enough for my liking. I think I can get the Essie one here, but I'm too cheap to fork over the cash for it. Unfortunately my topcoat smeared my white dots a bit.



Before I removed the polish, I threw a layer of SV on top to show how it would have looked if that's the topcoat the man candy had chosen. (Personally I prefer it this way. :))


How do you feel about matte topcoats? Do you have a favorite?

5 comments:

  1. wow i love this!! and i thought at first glance it was black too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought my first Matte topcoat, it is by Orly. I love the matte look but it felt like it took so long to dry because I'm so used to SV! And it was so expensive!! I took a pic on my latest post.
    You do such beautiful dot work, what dotting tools do you use? Great blog!
    -Breanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that you felt like it took a long time for your matte topcoat to dry because I've heard so many people talk about all matte polishes drying quickly. :) I'm with you though, I'm so used to SV that anything else doesn't feel right. lol.
      Thank you so much for the compliment! My dotting tools don't have a brand name or anything on them, but I ordered them from ebay. They look just like the ones in this listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dotting-Tools-Set-of-5-Nail-Art-Rhinestones-Application-/380471529316?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Nails_Manicure_Pedicure_CA&hash=item5895decf64

      Delete
  3. I always like black and white together, but yours is especially cute in navy! You can't even see those little smoodges unless you're looking right up close for them. ;)

    The Essie matte is really good, if you decide to get it. Don't know if you can get NYC in Germany, but their Matte Me Crazy is also great and a lot cheaper (at least in the US, where I found it on holiday).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don have NYC here in Germany, but I will definitely have to look for it when I'm back in the U.S. for my next holiday. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete