Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for many things. One of those is the 81 followers who find my blog worthy of their time. Thank you, thank you! I am also thankful for my healthy family, my darling and fantastic husband, the friends who have never left my side, and our comfortable life. We are truly blessed.

Even though I'm living in Germany, I wanted to do some Thanksgiving nails. A couple of years ago, I was inspired by the turkey drawings we used to do as kids where you trace your hand for the turkey body. I liked the idea and got lots of compliments on it, but I think his white face looks really weird now. Ha, ha!


This year, I wanted to make a cute, cartoonish turkey on a single nail. The second photo without flash is actually WAY more color accurate for the orange and yellow polishes. This mani was completed entirely with polish. I used striping tape, dotting tools, and a striper brush to create these.



Since no one will see these nails besides myself and my dear readers, I didn't want to spend much time on my non-dominant hand only to remove it tomorrow. The striped nails and the gold scattered holo base were inspired by my mani from yesterday, which you will see in a later post.



What are you most thankful for, even if you aren't celebrating American Thanksgiving today? :)

5 comments:

  1. This is so freaking cute. I love this mani. Is your husband in the military, or do you just love Germany so much you wanted to live there? I would love to travel over there some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually neither. lol. The love of my husband made me move here. He's a German citizen and it was easier legally for me to move here than for him to move to the US while we weren't married.

      It's a gorgeous country though and I'm enjoying my time here. :) You should definitely visit sometime!

      Delete
  2. These nails are so totally cute! I love the combination you did, striping and dots with your turkey...who is utterly, completely ADORABLE. Happy Thanksgiving! :D

    ReplyDelete