Sunday, May 6, 2012

MSMD Week 2! - Bright Spring Freehand Roses




Hello again! I have another Monkey See Monkey Do mani for you again this week. I know I'm a day late (and a dollar short), but this has been a 4 day weekend for me. Instead of posting yesterday, I spent hours looking at sparkly jewelry online. lol. I hope you will forgive me.

This picture was my inspiration. Once again, I didn't do a literal copy of the art, but I think it will count.

 
It's a tutorial photo from Pinterest, but I can't open the original post because it was pinned from Tumblr.




I really like these from a distance, but if you look up close, you can tell I needed a much smaller tool to make the dark blue "c" shapes. I used the smallest dotting tool I own and even that was too big. The bright colors are fantastic and I look forward to trying this design again when I actually have some nail art brushes. :)

Have you ever tried to do freehand roses? How'd yours turn out? Any tips or suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty new at nail art, and all I do are MSMD nails. Thank goodness for nail art blogs like yours and Pinterest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look adorable--I love the bright colours too! I did something similar just recently and actually used a toothpick for my "c" shapes, but I think yours look great as they are. :)

    ReplyDelete