Saturday, August 25, 2012

Project Runway Challenge - Week 4

 Oh Project Runway, how boring you have been. I think this is going to be one of those forgettable seasons with okay designers. For week 4, the designers were split into 2 teams to design a collection. One team chose a fabric with a pattern to tie their looks together and I kinda liked it.


http://www.afterelton.com/tv/recaps/2012/08/project-runway-1005

Team 5, Designs 1, 2, 3 (Left to Right)

I've tried needle drag marbling once before, but the hearts I was trying to make looked more like butts! I thought a drag marble would be the perfect technique to depict this fabric. However, my attempt still looked more like butts than anything cool. Then I just tried to make it all messy and get rid of the butts.




And because it didn't turn out like I planned, I didn't feel like doing it on both hands. I used a purple glitter and a silver/gold glitter over the purple base.



Oh well. These nails only lasted a day before I replaced them with something better. :)

What do you think about this season? Are you feeling inspired?

Don't forget to check out Bee's and Emma's Project Runway Challenge manis! :D

1 comment:

  1. I like the dragged hearts!! I don't think they look like butts!

    ReplyDelete