Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fun with China Glaze

You'll see a post in a couple days where I used all of the OPIs I own to do a mani. I wanted to do the same general thing for today, but with my China Glazes. It didn't quite turn out as I had hoped.

To start, here's what I was working with:


Then I started playing around with polishes, but only one of the polishes in this photo are actually China Glaze. On my thumb here, you'll see the green glitter Snowman polish and an unnamed purple Color Club glitter. These are my absolutely most favorite type of glitter polishes. I don't much care for the glitter toppers, but I have quite a few (as you see on 3 of my other fingers). If you know the name of any other glitter polish like these two, PRETTY PLEASE let me know. They have clear bases, which is what I love about them.



On my ring finger here, I was trying out my newly acquired Gosh Holo (original) over my matte topcoats to see how it would behave. My middle finger is a layering fail. For sure.


Now for the real reason for this post. If you haven't heard, today is World Diabetes Day. One of my grandmothers has been living with diabetes for as long as I have been around. When she comes to visit, her favorite splurge is the chocolate cake from Frisch's Big Boy. I am such a chocoholic with a sweet tooth that I can't imagine having to pay such close attention to the sweets I eat. I did this blue mani in support of her.

These before shots are 1 coat of Catrice Blues Brother Vol. II with 2 coats of China Glaze Blue Sparrow. Normally Blue Sparrow is a bright neon blue, but because of my layering choice, they are quite dark. I truly fell in love when I was done.



Then I ruined them. I thought it'd be cool to stamp over my half moon stickers. It was better in my head than it turned out in reality.

I started off doing China Glaze For Audrey with a fauxnad plate, but I didn't like the blues together.


Then I moved to China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy and Wicked Style. Several nail artists have been doing technique of stamping after using multiple colors on the plate at one time. I didn't like this even more than the blue nails. Oh well. At least I had the insight to take before pictures.


Do you enjoy seeing the "play around" pictures that I posted at the beginning of this post, or do you wish I'd just shut up and get to the good stuff already? I really want to know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment