Thursday, November 1, 2012

Jewli's 31 Day Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Day 24 - Inspired by a Song

I worked two seasons in a Halloween store and one of those seasons we were only allowed to play cds that we were also selling. We only sold 2 types: spooky noises and classic songs. Among the classic songs were Thriller, Somebody's Watching Me, Monster Mash and, of course, The Time Warp. (here is hopefully a video that works if you aren't familiar with The Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show)

I was torn between Monster Mash, Somebody's Watching Me and The Time Warp, so after googling some images for inspiration, I found the image below:

http://rugbyhair.wordpress.com/2010/03/04/top-5-reasons-why-hamilton-is-a-great-rugby-world-cup-venue-1/

I thought it'd be cool to do one of the steps on each of my nails (but I left out # 6 since I only had 5 nails). If you've seen my tennis nail art then you've seen me do a similar stick figure. I still have my spider webs on my left hand because I love them so much, so that meant I needed to do the nail art with my non-dominant hand and it needed to be simple enough.

With flash

With flash

With flash

Natural light

Natural light

Natural light

I mixed the grays with acrylic paint in two batches, which is why 2 of the figures are lighter shades than the other three. And I am not the tidiest person when painting my nails, which is why there's that dark gray dot on the tip of my ring finger. 

Since yesterday was Halloween, this will be my final challenge design. It didn't quite last 31 days, but I think it'd be weird to do Halloween designs after the day has passed.

I saw a few trick or treaters last night, but none of them rang our doorbell. :( What did you do for Halloween? Did you dress up?

1 comment: