Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Project Runway Challenge - Week 7

  

*Yawn* Project Runway has been so boring this season, even the textile challenge from the most recent episode was pretty boring. In Episode 7, the Lord and Taylor challenge, most designers went with dark colors. It was difficult to find inspiration. I chose to use the above left dress for my mani. I also was trying out a potential design for my wedding art, which is what you see on the accent nail.

I tried to make a matte black V, like a neckline and then stamp over it with a glossy black lace-esque design.  After stamping the lace, I realized that when you stamp, it's not thick enough to be glossy, so it didn't stand out. Bummer. To fix this, I tried to use a regular topcoat over the naked V section. That helped, but it still didn't help the lace part over the matte black part. I eventually decided that this was the best I was going to get for this challenge.





I realize this mani is a few weeks late now. I did these on the 1st and had planned to post them on the 2nd. Unfortunately with my sister's arrival, my parents' arrival, and my wedding, I'm just now getting around to it. I hope you'll forgive me. :)

What do you think? Has this season helped you sleep better? lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment