Monday, June 11, 2012

MSMD Monday! Happy Dots!

I have a love affair with my dotting tool.

There.

I said it.

It still amazes me how fun, pretty, happy, etc. a simple design done with a dotting tool can be. This is another perfect example. I've actually worn it for the last 5 days!

I used a design from http://lilgreenheart.blogspot.de/ for my inspiration.

Colourful dots 

These colors were so bright and cheery that I was really digging them last time I sat down to do my nails.

Of course I started getting the itch to see the design in different colors after I finished my left hand.


I stuck with the pink, blue and yellow color scheme for my left hand. It's funny how dark and flat the yellow dots look in this picture. On my hand, they are more of an electric orange-yellow!



Then I used a sort of orange (looks more red :/), purple, and a sort of green. I don't hate the colors together, but they certainly don't look the way they did in my head.


I just prefer pictures from this angle than the ones above. Do you have an affinity for one or the other?



I kind of chuckled to myself when I realized how much bigger my dots were on my right hand versus my left. I'm still working on controlling my left hand when I'm attempting nail art on my right hand.

What do you think? Is this something you would try for yourself?

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors you chose for the darker look! :D and they look soo awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I love making dot designs, this looks like a lot of fun. I also struggle with my non-dominant hand painting things >.<

    ReplyDelete