Thursday, June 7, 2012

Say Hello to my Epic Failure!


These nails are a perfect example of a time when you have a good idea and a good tutorial, but things still don't turn out the way you hoped.

 
I LOVE The Nail Pro. Flat out love her. I've been into nail art for YEARS (over a decade by now), but her tumblr is the first nail art blog I discovered when I started googling ideas for nail art. I was instantly smitten. Unfortunately I couldn't remember her blog name for months after I moved to Germany, so when a fellow nail polish friend posted a link to one of her designs on Pinterest, I shrieked a little out of joy. This is one of her designs from back in April:


Unfortunately I can't blog this picture up any further without severely distorting the image, but you can check out her work here.

She did this art using sharpies and provided a youtube video on how she did it. It looked simple and I thought it'd be a nice way for me to do some more intricate designs since I don't have any nail art brushes yet. Unfortunately, my idea turned out HORRIBLY!


 My colors bled from the top coat and the red turned orange. So gross! I didn't bother with clean up because I prefer to let the mess wash away in the shower the next morning if I'm not going out the day I do my nails.


I was so disappointed with the sharpies that I decided to do simple "rainbow" tips on my other hand. I hated these too. They just weren't the right shades to go together.

Basically, I slept in these nails and promptly removed them early the next morning. We were going shopping for an engagement ring and I really didn't want to be showing off these nails to the sales associates in the jewelry stores.

Oh well. You can't win them all.

2 comments:

  1. I think the tips are quite cute. I have tried something a bit like this and it didn't work for me either :( You pull of white polish much better than i do. My fingers look really stubby with it on lol!

    ReplyDelete