Monday, October 8, 2012

Jewli's 31 Day Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Day 8 - Metallic

I've been wanting to do the 31 day challenge for a few months now, but I never really felt inspired by the original prompt. It's like it was too open to interpretation for me, so I decided to put a Halloween twist on it. I just made this decision last night though, which means I am 8 days in already. Luckily, I cranked out two manis last night while my husband played Resident Evil 6 with his cousin. Blech. lol. I like the happy, fun video games, but these more "realistic" shooter games aren't my cup of tea. 

I hope to get 31 manis in between now and Halloween, but I am a week late to the game and some of the themes just don't seem to lend themselves to Halloween (ex. Day 9 - rainbow) and I have already blogged about my issues trying to water marble here (Day 20 - water marble). My game plan is to start with day 8 since that is today and move forward. I will substitute out the ones I don't feel are Halloween-related and try to slip in Days 1-7 along the way. If you'd like to join in, please do! :)



Day 8 - Metallic
For the metallic theme with a Halloween spin, I went with broken mirrors. They use mirrors in fun houses and some haunted houses to make mazes that you have to find your way out of and broken mirrors are unlucky, so I thought it would fit.



 Unfortunately, I think this idea was better in my head than how I executed it, but I loved how my left thumb turned out. I think that one wasn't overworked like many of the others and still looked pretty when I was done with it. These came off as soon as the pictures were taken and I moved on to Day 10 - Gradient. I rather loved how they turned out, so I'm excited to post them. :)

I know there are plenty of other Halloween challenges going on, but if you'd like to join mine, please leave your blog link in the comments so I can include it at the end of my posts. :)

What do you think? Do these looks like broken mirrors?

No comments:

Post a Comment