Friday, October 12, 2012

Jewli's 31 Day Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Day 11 - Polka Dots

For Day 11, the Polka Dot theme, I went with the idea of witches' warts. I googled for some inspiration pictures, but I was a little afraid what images I would see when I put "warts" in my search criteria. lol. 

I went with a simple dark green base (the same green from my fall gradient mani, believe it or not) and topped it with 2 lighter shades of green dots in 2 sizes. I tried to put them on a bit thick so they would form a bit of a lump. For that reason, these pictures are without topcoat.



I bet these could even go for pickle nails, if that's what you're after. ;)


Even though the base green is dark, it took FOUR coats for it to be opaque! I don't use it often, so I had forgotten this fact, but it IS  lovely shade.

I know yesterday was Day 11, but life happened, so the post didn't make it up. Don't worry though, Day 12 will be up right after this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment