Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Jewli's 31 Day Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Day 22 - Based on a Book

For Day 22 I went with "based on a book." Growing up my sister and I always read the book "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark." I believe there were 3 books in a boxed set, but I absolutely remember these pictures.

http://www.squidoo.com/scary-stories-to-tell-in-the-dark

The story I remember best is called "The Girl with the Green Ribbon." I remembered it as a blue ribbon, but it's definitely the same story. The girl falls in love with a boy and she is always wearing a ribbon around her neck throughout their lives together. Her husband asks why she wears it and she tells him she can't say just yet. Then on her death bed... well you can read for yourself below:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/folk-tales?before=1347933543

I freehanded the girl with acrylic paints and as you can see, she has a blue ribbon. Oops. :) The base is China Glaze For Audrey. I have never really been able to draw people (other than stick figures), so I was pleased with how the girl turned out. Not as amazing as some other people can manage, but good for me. ha, ha. 


With flash

Without flash
Do you remember this story too? What other stories to you remember from these books?


1 comment: