Thursday, October 18, 2012

Jewli's 31 Day Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Day 16 - Flowers

 If you're being picky, you'll notice that these nails don't depict flowers. Instead I chose to go with plants in general. My initial thought was to do venus fly traps, but then I remembered the plant from the musical "Little Shop of Horrors" and decided to try my hand with acrylics again. Here is the image I based my nails on:

little_shop_horror
http://www.skaneatelessuites.com/tag/little-shop-of-horrors/



The pink base is one of the Jade holographic polishes and it's gorgeous. The rest of the art (minus the brown pants and brown plant pot) were done with acrylic paints. The pinkish-orangish line on the man's face is supposed to be his beard, not his mouth, but my paintbrushes are awful, so it was challenging to paint.


 


My husband was in a school play of Little Shop of Horrors, but I've honestly never seen more than a few minutes of the movie. Have you seen it?

2 comments: